- Parsippany II Expansion & Site Improvements – After over a year of hard work and effort, the completion of our 70,000 sq.ft. addition to our Parsippany II datacenter is at hand. We will be moving in our first customer into the expansion in the first week of March. This is a huge event, and the foundation for our growth in the coming years. We plan on having a launch event sometime in late April, for employees, customers and partners to celebrate the opening. We will send out details as we firm up our plans. In addition, when spring comes we will begin work on some large scale outdoor improvements to the site. This will entail installing a 10 ft. anti-climb fence and K rated crash boulders around the property as well as installing security gates and bollards for authorized entry access to the facility. These improvements will allow us to continue to make Parsippany II one of the most advanced datacenters in the New York Metro area.
- New Workspace Recovery Facility – We recently signed a lease for a 32,000 sq. ft. office building near our Cedar Knolls datacenter and plan to convert the space into a Workspace Recovery Center. The location will provide for turn-key, dedicated office seats and suites for disaster recovery planning. The facility will be directly connected to NAC datacenters and provide UPS & Generator backed power. We believe this service dovetails perfectly with our datacenter and managed services offerings that support backup and 100% availability and uptime. We will be starting an initial build-out of the space later this month and hope to have the space available for customers by early June.
- Secondary Datacenter and Managed Services Location– In 2015 we are seeking to establish a secondary location in a geographic market that is at least 500 miles away from our primary NJ locations. We know that many of you maintain back-up or secondary sites at other datacenter locations and we want NAC to be able to provide this capability to you and future customers. In addition, we need a scalable secondary site for our managed hosting offerings. We are evaluating a number of markets and entry strategies. Currently, we are actively looking at options in Chicago, Columbus, Austin, Dallas, Denver and Phoenix. We are excited about expanding to another geography to complement our New Jersey footprint. Feel free to drop us a note if you have a particular need or idea regarding location.
- FlexPlatform 1.0 Launch – Last year we began a major software development project to upgrade our internal OSS/BSS systems and customer facing portal. Our new platform utilizes modern software languages (Python/PHP), service oriented architecture (SOA) and a dynamic user interface (Node.js). You can read more here. We are excited about being able to rollout to you a modern, light-weight customer portal that will have a more attractive look, expanded functionality and incorporate our managed hosting and cloud products. Keep on the lookout for updates and we are targeting end of Q2 for the initial launch.
- Website Re-launch 2.0 – As you might remember, we rolled out a new www.nac.net website in late 2013. In 2014 we spent a significant amount of time working with an outside agency to refine our marketing look and feel and revise our website content to be more informative and easier to use. We also, as mentioned above, expanded and revised our product offerings under the “FlexServices” umbrella. We are now working on refreshing the website and expect to have it in production by the end of Q1. This new website and new Customer Portal will share the same core elements and we aim to create a unified, consistent experience as you interact with NAC.
A few weeks ago was my first anniversary here at Net Access. It’s been a real pleasure to be here, meet many of you and be part of the NAC family. Thank you for a great first year!